Solution to Error with Bison (Sanjeev P Athalye)
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 07:47:11 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Error with Bison (1995-06-27)
Solution to Error with Bison (1995-07-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Sanjeev P Athalye)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 07:47:11 GMT

This has reference to my earlier posting dated June 27 in this group regarding
"Error with Bison".

After carefully examining and comparing the traces of the drivers of the two
parser generators yacc and bison, I found that in bison's driver, in the block
of the test condition if(yyerrstatus == 3) under the label yyerrlab1, the last
statement should be "goto yybackup;" which is missing in the current parser.
After adding that statement to the parser generated by bison using a sed
script, my parser started behaving correctly.

Sanjeev Athalye

Tata Consultancy Services
1, Mangaldas Road, Pune - 411 050 (India) Mailing Address
91 212 622809 Phone (Office)
91 212 623713 Fax E-mail