COBOL for C Programmers - Need a book

dkulkarn@aristotle.helios.nd.edu (Dinesh Kulkarni)
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 17:36:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL for C Programmers - Need a book dkulkarn@aristotle.helios.nd.edu (1995-06-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.cobol,comp.compilers
From: dkulkarn@aristotle.helios.nd.edu (Dinesh Kulkarni)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 17:36:59 GMT

I am looking for a book that will help C programmers understand COBOL
on mainframe platforms. I am not looking for the typical 'structured
prog. and/in COBOL' book which addresses basics of structured design
etc. I would also like to get references to books that cover COBOL
from a compiler writer's perspective rather than a user's.

Email in addition to posting would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Dinesh
[I've never seen anything in print about techniques for compiling Cobol. I
fear that too many people incorrectly think it's all trivial. -John]