|ICS'95 Advance Program (Barcelona, 7/95) firstname.lastname@example.org (1995-04-28)|
|From:||email@example.com (Miquel Huguet)|
|Organization:||Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona.|
|Date:||Fri, 28 Apr 1995 15:43:31 GMT|
9th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing
Barcelona, Spain, July 3-7, 1995
Sponsored by ACM, The First Society In Computing/SIGARCH
The ACM International Conference on Supercomputing is a forum for engineers
and scientists throughout the world to exchange ideas and research results
relating to high performance supercomputing systems. The 9th Conference in
the series, ICS'95, will be held in Barcelona, Spain, in July 3-7, 1995.
The main focus of ICS'95 is high performance and parallel computing systems
viewed from three different perspectives: architecture, software and
applications. Within this framework, there will be:
(I) 49 presentations in the topics:
* Interconnection networks.
* Processors and I/O systems.
* Dynamic load balancing, data caching, and data mapping.
* Compiler optimizations and programming models.
* Compiling unstructured code.
* Compiling High Performance Fortran.
* Advanced compilers.
* Performance analysis.
* Parallel applications and parallelization techniques.
(II) Four invited speakers:
1) Clemens Thole (GMD, Germany), EUROPORT: Porting Industrial
Applications onto Parallel Architectures.
2) Monica Lam (Stanford University), The Staford SUIF Parallelizing
3) Yuji Oinaga (Fujitsu), Advantage of Vector Parallel Architecture
and Its View.
4) Thierry van der Pyl (EU Commission), HPCN: European Perspectives.
(III) Two panel discussions on the "Future of High Performace Computing,"
one with industry panelists, chaired by Clemens Thole, and the other
with university panelists, chaired by Ron Perrot, from the Queen's
University of Belfast.
(IV) Two chess matches between Miguel Illescas, Spanish International
Chess Grand Master, and IBM Deep Blue.
In addition, on Monday afternoon Monica Lam will be giving a tutorial
on "Recent Advances in Compilers for Parallel Machines."
World Wide Web pages are mounted at http://www.cse.ogi.edu/ICS and at
http://www.ac.upc.es/ICS with detailed information on the advance
program and on conference registration.
For further details, please contact the Local Arrangements Chair:
Prof. Eduard Ayguade; Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya;
Gran Capita, s/n (modul D-6); E-08034 BARCELONA (Spain);
Tel.: (+34 3) 401 59 51; Fax: 401 70 55; E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.