ASM grammar (John Boyne)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 22:38:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ASM grammar (1995-04-19)
ASM grammar (1995-04-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (John Boyne)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 22:38:34 GMT writes:
  > Hi,
  > could somebody help me find a 80x86 TASM/MASM-like grammar (Intel format,
  > not AT&T)? Any BNF or derivative or similar format would be welcome, I need
  > it only for documentation.

Not much help probably but:

There is a BNF like grammar (not totally complete) for TASM V 3.0 in
appendix B of the Turbo Assembler 3.0 user's guide from Borland.

I can't remember the exact title, or the authors names but I *do* remember
seeing a book with a BNF type grammar for MASM V5?

What I do recall is that the book was written by two authors with the same
surname, I think they were brothers. Surname possibly starting with K.
The book itself is available in both hard and paper back edititions. I think
the publisher is Microsoft Press. Yellow book cover.

Sorry I can't help more.