Re: HELP: grammar for visual basic?

ophir@actcom.co.il (Ophir Holder)
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 12:54:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
HELP: grammar for visual basic? pratibha@mccabe.mccabe.com (1995-03-21)
Re: HELP: grammar for visual basic? ophir@actcom.co.il (1995-04-02)
Re: HELP: grammar for visual basic? kvrao@ARCTIC.WIPSYS.SOFT.NET (K.V.Rao) (1995-04-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: ophir@actcom.co.il (Ophir Holder)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 12:54:03 GMT

Pratibha Mittal (pratibha@mccabe.mccabe.com) wrote:
: I am writing a parser for Visual Basic for Windows. Is the VB
: grammar (or complete syntax diagrams) available somewhere? I have
: searched several ftp site and gone over several books and couldn't
: find any information regarding this. I can see some syntax scattered
: all over the book but not accumulated at one place. If I can find
: that, even that would be very helpful.

There's a compiler construction product called PC-YACC and PC-LEX (yacc
and lex for PC) from a company called Abraxas. Along with the product
they include several grammars, one of them is the Visual Basic grammar.

Sorry, but I don't have Abraxas' email address or regular address, but
I'm sure you'll find people on the net that does.

Hope that helps.
Ophir.