Compiler stories/References

Fernando.Silva@inesc.pt (Fernando Corte-Real Mira da Silva)
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:09:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler stories/References Fernando.Silva@inesc.pt (1995-03-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Fernando.Silva@inesc.pt (Fernando Corte-Real Mira da Silva)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:09:57 GMT

Hello,

I am giving an introductory course on compiler design. Since it is the
first time I am teaching this course, I feel the lack of good examples,
stories (or even jokes) that may illustrate concepts or just keep
the students interested on the subject.

So, if you know of any reference which can help me, or if you
have any interesting short story on the subject, please let me know. If I'll
collect a resonable ammount of contributions, I may compile it and
redistribute to those interested.

Thanks in advance,

- Fernando M. Silva

+------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+
| Fernando Mira da Silva | |
| INESC - sala 236 |Phone:+351.1.3100205 |
| Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores | |
| Rua Alves Redol, 9 |Fax: +351.1.525843 |
| 1000 LISBOA | |
| PORTUGAL | |
| E-mail: |
| fcr@inesc.pt |