Re: ANDF as a basis for simulation - Thanks (Eric Ivanov)
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 06:19:45 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANDF as a basis for simulation - Thanks (ralw) (1995-03-16)
Re: ANDF as a basis for simulation - Thanks (1995-03-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Eric Ivanov)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 06:19:45 GMT

ralw <> writes:
> Once again, thanks everyone - but I'm still looking for the GCC based
> C-->ANDF compiler. Several people have now told me they're sure it exists,
> someone must know where!

As far as I know, nobody ever developed such a product. You might be
confused with the GANDF project developed at the OSF RI which consists of
a set of installers (ANDF -> assembly) based on the GCC backend (ANDF ->
GCC -> assembly). The goal was a) to prove the feasibility of interfacing
ANDF with existing backend software and b) to take advantage of the large
range of platforms supported by GCC. In a previous version, we were able
to provide prototype installers for i486, Alpha, HPPA and RS/6000. Today,
the GANDF installers are being upgraded to match the latest ANDF
specification. OSF plans to release a GANDF Kit very soon. This will be
announced in this forum (and a few others) so stay tuned.

eric Open Software Foundation Research Institute
tel +33 76634896 2 avenue de Vignate
fax +33 76510532 38610 Gieres FRANCE