Refs for automatic Code Generation of application code

sriram@tcs.com (Sriram Srinivasan)
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 18:40:25 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Refs for automatic Code Generation of application code sriram@tcs.com (1995-03-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sriram@tcs.com (Sriram Srinivasan)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 18:40:25 GMT

Hi.

I am interested in finding out if there are any references for
automatically generating application code, where the kind of code
that is generated, is tailorable by the user (of the code generator)

These are some of the code generators I know of-
      1. cfront
      2. Persistence (a rdb to oo mapping product)
      3. rpcgen (produces stubs for rpc)

The problem with these programs is that the code that is generated
cannot be altered in any way.

For example, if I have a database schema, I could use Persistence
to generate all "relavant" C++ code. What I wanted to generate some
related UI code ?

I have written a code generator that handles this issue, but I wanted
to see what other people had written before trying to publish my approach.

Thanks

Sriram