How do I test my syntax tree classes?

"K.V.Rao" <kvrao@ARCTIC.WIPSYS.SOFT.NET>
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:41:31 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How do I test my syntax tree classes? kvrao@ARCTIC.WIPSYS.SOFT.NET (K.V.Rao) (1995-03-10)
Re: How do I test my syntax tree classes? ellard2@husc.harvard.edu (1995-03-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "K.V.Rao" <kvrao@ARCTIC.WIPSYS.SOFT.NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:41:31 GMT

Hi All,

I am involved in a compiler project and maily deal with design, implement
and testing the classes for parse tree that is built while parsing. As a
parser is involved, does it cause any significant shift the testing process?
I am using VC++ 2.0/MFC under WinNT. I am using PCYACC and PCLEX for WinNT.

My question is how should I plan my Unit Test Plan and how should design my
test cases? Any ideas?

[ I saw some references ( infact only two ) earlier in the list, but they
does not give any insight into OO testing WHEN parsers are involved. I hope
this time, I will get a way out :-) ]

TIA,
K.V.Rao

--
K.Venkateswara Rao Wipro Systems Limited, 88, M.G. Road, Bangalore -1

email : kvrao@arctic.wipsys.soft.net