Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (Prof. H. Klaeren)
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 10:47:53 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
"mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-03)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-07)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-12)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-14)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-15)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth (1995-03-20)
Re: "mini" pascal by Wirth davidm@Rational.COM (1995-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Prof. H. Klaeren)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 10:47:53 GMT (Brett Kreykes) writes:

  BK> I would like to get ahold of a compiler written by Wirth.
  BK> It's a 'mini-version' of pascal. Could anyone point me in
  BK> the right direction?

The language is really called PL0 but of course is a `mini-Pascal' (only one
primitive data type (integer), no structured data types, procedures without
parameters). Is is described along with a compiler in a (German, I'm afraid)
textbook on compiler writing:

author="Niklaus Wirth",
mynote={(2nd edition, recursive descent in Pascal)}}

author="Niklaus Wirth",
mynote={(3rd edition, recursive descent in Modula-2)}}

Prof.Dr. Herbert Klaeren |
Universitaet Tuebingen, Informatik | Herbert.Klaeren@Uni-Tuebingen.De
Sand 13 |
72076 Tuebingen | Voice +49 7071 29 5457
Germany | Fax +49 7071 29 5958