Re: Info needed - (Graphical) Syntax Definition Tools

Sebastian Schmidt <sc@iaxp01.inf.uni-jena.de>
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 09:38:54 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info needed - (Graphical) Syntax Definition Tools glasss@ncp.gpt.co.uk (Steve Glass) (1995-02-20)
Re: Info needed - (Graphical) Syntax Definition Tools sc@iaxp01.inf.uni-jena.de (Sebastian Schmidt) (1995-03-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Sebastian Schmidt <sc@iaxp01.inf.uni-jena.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 09:38:54 GMT

>I'm preparing my MSc project and I'm having difficulty locating
>suitable research papers/reports etc..
>
>Specifically I'm considering building a syntax definition tool
>using some form of attributed syntax graph as the input
>notation.

The ELI toolkit (ftp://ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/distribs/eli) contains
a tool which does exactly what you want:

GORTO is a graphical tool for analysis and modification of
dependencies in attribute grammars. It is part of the LIGA system.
The graphical representation requires execution under the X-Window
system. GORTO offers the following support for attribute grammar
development.

      * Graphical representation and analysis of the dependency graphs
          for productions and symbols.

      * Graphical representation and modification of partitions.

      * Graphical representation and modification of visit-sequences.

      GORTO has a graphical user interface in which the mentioned
information is represented. Interactive modification by the user are
possible. The layout of the presentation can be influenced by the user.

--
e-mail: sc@iaxp01.inf.uni-jena.de
phone: (+49) 03641 631123