Embedded SQL source code wanted

derek@knosof.demon.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 18:45:35 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Embedded SQL source code wanted derek@knosof.demon.co.uk (1995-02-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: derek@knosof.demon.co.uk (Derek M Jones)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 18:45:35 GMT

I am looking for lots of C source code containing embedded SQL.

Why? My company has a product, OSPC (Open Systems Portability Checker),
that checks applications, written in C, for portability and standards
conformance. At the end of last year we launched a version that supported
embedded SQL.

We have typed in lost of examples from books and existing clients have
sent us code. However, we still don't have enough to be able to
figure out what 'average' SQL looks like.

I have looked in ftp.oracle.com and various other obvious places.
But no source code.

Can anybody point me at an ftp site containing C with embedded SQL?

I don't care what the code does, or even if there is sufficient
to build an executable. I can even live without any make files.

Why am I only interested in 'average' code? I'm not I am willing
to look at very good and very poor code. But coming from a 3GL
background I don't really have a good idea of what sort of constructs
are common/rare in SQL. This impacts the sort of checking that
can usefully be implemented. I also want to find out more about
undocumented vendor extensions that are regularly used (the lastest
version of OSPC checks against full SQL/2, plus some vendor extensions).

Potential customers are also starting to ask about software
metrics. Many of the existing software engineering metrics don't
map well onto embedded SQL. Pointers to related work in this area
would also be welcome.

derek