Adding BASIC script interpreter

malak@access.digex.net (Michael Malak)
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 00:11:30 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Adding BASIC script interpreter malak@access.digex.net (1995-02-16)
Adding BASIC script interpreter Dave@OCCL-CAM.DEMON.CO.UK (Dave Lloyd) (1995-02-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: malak@access.digex.net (Michael Malak)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 00:11:30 GMT

I am searching for an easy way to add a macro/scripting capability to
my application developed under the Watcom C/C++ 10.0 DOS extender. My
first choice would be a BASIC-type language, as most of the end-users
for the application already know BASIC.

I have looked at TCL, but I find its LISP-like syntax obscure and
confusing. The commercial product PCYACC only does lexical parsing
and leaves symbol/variable tables, etc. up to the programmer. I'm
looking for something I can link in, and have it interpret user
programs which make subroutine calls to compiled subroutines built-in
to my application.

Does anyone know of anything like this? Perhaps some good code
based on YACC output but fully-fleshed out?

--
Michael Malak
malak@access.digex.net