call for collaboration on parallel Fortran

tclark@Tracer.chem.uh.edu (Terry Clark)
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:13:36 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
call for collaboration on parallel Fortran tclark@Tracer.chem.uh.edu (1995-02-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: tclark@Tracer.chem.uh.edu (Terry Clark)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:13:36 GMT

The Texas Center for Advanced Molecular Computation (TCAMC) is seeking
collaborators in the development of an enhanced version of their Pfortran
compiler. In particular, we intend to extend capability to implement new
functionality such as

1) overlapping of computation and communication
2) detection of deadlock at runtime
3) analysis of uniform and non-uniform variables
      at compile time and runtime

We seek a long term interaction with an existing compiler group willing to
work with modern compiler techniques. We anticipate availability of funds
to cover travel and local expenses for a one to three month visit to TCAMC
early in the collaboration. Subsequent to this, funds may be available to
continue the collaboration on related projects if mutually agreeable. The
person(s) visiting would be expected to take on a large part of the design
and implementation of the enhanced compiler. Current researchers at TCAMC
would collaborate on the design during this time.

A longer description of the proposed project is available via anonymous
ftp at kacha.chem.uh.edu in the file pub/pf/pf-proj.ps. For further
information, interested persons should contact Terry Clark at
tclark@sina.tcamc.uh.edu.

The Texas Center for Advanced Molecular Computation (TCAMC) is a Grand
Challenge Application Group at the University of Houston, funded by the
National Science Foundation and ARPA as part of the HPCC Initiative.