Representing strided arrays

"Rajesh Bordawekar" <rajesh@npac.syr.edu>
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 17:17:35 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Representing strided arrays rajesh@npac.syr.edu (Rajesh Bordawekar) (1995-02-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Rajesh Bordawekar" <rajesh@npac.syr.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 17:17:35 GMT

Hello

I want to represent strided array expressions like

a(1:10:3)=b(1:4:1)

using a structure similar to regular section descriptor. The structure
should include all the necessary information and should allow operations
like intersection and union. Can anybody point to some work regarding this
issue?

Please send replies to rajesh@nova.npac.syr.edu

Thanks in advance

Rajesh
Rajesh Bordawekar rajesh@nova.npac.syr.edu
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center Phone :315-443-4061(o)
[Back in the old APL\11 that Ken Thompson originally wrote and I hacked on a
little, for each dimension we just kept a stride value and a number of
elements, adjusting the overall base value appropriately to account for where
the slice started. -John]