Determining instruction mix

s9154221@mella.ee.up.ac.za (Rikus Combrinck)
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 16:14:47 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Determining instruction mix s9154221@mella.ee.up.ac.za (1995-02-06)
Re: Determining instruction mix nandu@cs.clemson.edu (1995-02-07)
Re: Determining instruction mix gardner@pink-panther.cs.uiuc.edu (1995-02-07)
Re: Determining instruction mix mueller@nu.cs.fsu.edu (1995-02-08)
Re: Determining instruction mix pardo@cs.washington.edu (1995-02-09)
Re: Determining instruction mix roos@grendel.csc.smith.edu (1995-02-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: s9154221@mella.ee.up.ac.za (Rikus Combrinck)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 16:14:47 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking for software that can determine the dynamic
instructions mix of a programme, i.e. the number of times that
certain instructions are executed during execution of the
program. I'm am especially interested in a version that could
do this on a multiprocessor machine (like the SUN SPARCStation 1000).

If anybody could help me with this kind of software, or tell me
who, where or what can help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Rikus
[Somewhere I was a paper about a system that does this by instrumenting
basic blocks so it makes one count per block rather than per instruction,
then post-proccesses to get the instruction counts. -John]