Needed: An assortment of YACC input files for testing purposes.

"Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@rahul.net>
Sat, 4 Feb 1995 19:28:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Needed: An assortment of YACC input files for testing purposes. rfg@rahul.net (Ronald F. Guilmette) (1995-02-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@rahul.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 19:28:09 GMT

I have a program (which I call TGGS) which I am in the process of re-
engineering to be very nearly 100% YACC compatable. (The program is
_not_ another parser generator. Rather, it is like YACC in reverse.
It generates programs which themselves _generate_ randomized output in
the specified language rather than consuming it. These generators are
then used for testing purposes.)

Anyway, I'd like to do some testing to insure that this program accepts
all of the same input files as any YACC program (or YACC clone, such as
Bison) will accept. So I'm looking around for arbitrary YACC input files
that I can use for testing TGGS.

If you know where I can get any such files, please send me E-mail. (I
already know about the ones provided with the GNU compilers, and also
Jim Roskind's C & C++ grammars, so please don't waste bandwidth telling
me about those.)

Note that I really don't give a darn what languages the YACC input files
in question are geared to. As a matter of fact, the weirder the better.

Thanks.

-- Ron Guilmette, Sunnyvale, CA
---- E-mail: rfg@segfault.us.com