Re: What is PL/Z? (Kim G. Frei)
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 22:13:36 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
What is PL/Z? (1995-01-26)
Re: What is PL/Z? (1995-01-26)
Re: What is PL/Z? (1995-01-29)
Re: What is PL/Z? (1995-01-30)
Re: What is PL/Z? (1995-01-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Kim G. Frei)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 22:13:36 GMT

[what was PL/Z?]

I know of PL/Z which used to be Zilog's programming language. It has a
structure like algol but is capable of doing more or less the same stuff
as K&R C. As far as I remember, it couldn't cope with floating point values,
so it was mainly used as an OS programming language.

I saw it on a Z8000 based UNIX System III box back in the mid eighties. It
was available on Zilog's Z80 based microcomputers which ran the RIOS
operating system. Too bad Microsoft used CP/M instead of RIOS as it had
loadable device drivers, a consistent API etc.

Kim Frei