Re: XVT?

piet.wauters@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat, 28 Jan 1995 05:41:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
XVT? wjohnson@glue.umd.edu (1995-01-23)
Re: XVT? thutt@clark.net (1995-01-23)
Re: XVT? michael@vertigo.bc.ca (1995-01-27)
Re: XVT? piet.wauters@esat.kuleuven.ac.be (1995-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: piet.wauters@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 05:41:57 GMT

> We need to produce educational programs for use on a variety of computer
> platforms. Someone recommended using XVT to develop applications because
> it could compile the code for Mac, PC and Unix. Does anyone have
> experience with this (or similar) program(s)? Where can I get XVT and
> how much does it cost? Thanks.

We are using XVT for quite some time now, and we are VERY pleased with it. It
really does what it says. If you write portable C 0r C++ code, your program can
be ported to allmost any platform by simply recompiling. You don't have to
change one single line of code.

XVT has its own WWW-page at http://www.csn.net:80/xvt/

I'm sure you'll find more information there.

Have fun.

Piet Wauters

Piet.Wauters@esat.kuleuven.ac.be