Compiler project request

BobbyD <>
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 01:07:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler project request (BobbyD) (1995-01-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: BobbyD <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 01:07:08 GMT

A few weeks ago I caught a bit of a discussion on teaching
compiler design along with a programming language. I have
been tasked with teaching such a course. I must first teach
C and then proceed with concepts pertaining to compiler

The problem I am having, is coming up with a suitable project.
I need a compiler construction project that will demonstrate
the important concepts in building the functional parts of a
small compiler. Since this is the first time teaching this
course, I do not have an existing project. The project must
be the size that would allow the student to first learn the
C programming language and still have time left to complete the
project. Most students will be junior level electrical engineers.
I am concerned that the students will run out of time at the
end of the semester.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Despang