Re: GCC Port to Win NT

psm@sics.se (Peter Magnusson)
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 14:50:44 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
GCC Port to Win NT georgew@PrimeNet.Com (1994-12-23)
Re: GCC Port to Win NT psm@sics.se (1994-12-28)
GCC on NT imp@boulder.openware.com (Warner Losh) (1995-01-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: psm@sics.se (Peter Magnusson)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 14:50:44 GMT

georgew@PrimeNet.Com (George Weinsteiger) writes:

  Well, I "Rounded up all the usual suspects", in my search for GCC ported to
  Windows NT. I have come up empty. So I ask here: Has anyone seen such a
  thing?

Yupp. But it's semi-commercial, and sold by Congruent. Send an e-mail with
subject "help" to new-gnu@congruent.com. Their product is available on CD-ROM,
and is called ToolBuster. They support Intel, MIPS, and Alpha binaries.

On last look, they offered binutils, gcc 2.x, emacs 19.x, gas, gawk, grep,
gmake, shellutils, perl. They also had a Korn shell. (Note that to use GCC
you'll need a linker, header files, etc---i.e. you'll need the NT SDK.)

Peter Magnusson
Swedish Institute of Computer Science