book: Essentials of Programming Languages

Tony Jones <>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 22:43:55 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
book: Essentials of Programming Languages (Tony Jones) (1994-12-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Tony Jones <>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 22:43:55 GMT

Does anyone have any comments on the following book:

Daniel P. Friedman, Mitchell Wand and Chris Haynes
Essentials of Programming Languages
MIT Press (536 pages)
ISBN: 0-262-06145-7

It was mentioned in-passing during the "Looking for a book with emphasis on
interpreters" thread earlier this year {articles 94-08-133 and 94-08-140}
but the comments were pretty much limited to 'it sounds interesting'.

Having exhausted local bookstores and libraries, I was considering ordering
a copy ($65 pre-paid - hence my question).

thanks in advance