Need help on Solaris -g stabs

djones@corp.megatest.com (Dave Jones)
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 01:52:20 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need help on Solaris -g stabs djones@corp.megatest.com (1994-11-23)
Re: Need help on Solaris -g stabs casper@fwi.uva.nl (1994-11-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.sun.misc
From: djones@corp.megatest.com (Dave Jones)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 01:52:20 GMT

Hello compiler gurus.

I have some debugger type software that I need to port to Sun OS 5.3
(Solaris II). My problem is that the symbol table entries ("stab's") for
function parameters do not seem to be propagated into shared libraries.
For example, I have a routine named "shared_routine" with a parameter
called "parameter" in file "foo.cc". When I compile it into a foo.o file,
I find the following string:

                  foo.cc shared_routine:F(0,22);(0,3) parameter:p(0,3)

But when I create a shared library with the file foo.o in it, I find no
such information. Where did it go? Sun's dbx-based debugger (called,
appropriately enough, "debugger") finds the information somewhere. Where,
pray tell?

If you know, I sure would appreciate an email response.

                  Thanks,
                  Dave

                  djones@megatest.com