Re: Cross Compiler for 80C196

johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (John D. Mitchell)
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 17:43:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Cross Compiler for 80C196 joss@esia.univ-savoie.fr (1994-11-15)
Re: Cross Compiler for 80C196 johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (1994-11-17)
Re: Cross Compiler for 80C196 Mike.Chapman@muc.de (Mike Chapman) (1994-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (John D. Mitchell)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 17:43:34 GMT

[...]
>[We're getting a lot of questions about compilers for embedded chips, and
>there's not a lot about them in the free compilers FAQ. Does any reader
>know of a good source to find them? -John]

It can be hard to find *any* compilers for some chips. :-) I try to pester
the chip maker for any information. Often they have BBSes and you can find
other users there. Sorry this doesn't help much.

Anybody doing embedded work should be getting Miller-Freeman's "Embedded
Systems" magazine. You can find the editors of that on Compuserve.

Take care,
John