[announce] 1750GALS now have an FTP home

okellogg@cube.net (Oliver Kellogg)
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 06:16:53 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[announce] 1750GALS now have an FTP home okellogg@cube.net (1994-11-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: okellogg@cube.net (Oliver Kellogg)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 06:16:53 GMT

`1750GALS', the MIL-STD-1750 Gcc/Assembler/Linker/Simulator, now has a
European FTP home, and an American FTP mirror.

The toolkit is obtainable via anonymous FTP to:

ftp.fta-berlin.de

and resides in directory:

pub/crossgcc/1750gals .

In America, you may prefer obtaining the kit from:

space.mit.edu

in directory:

pub/1750GALS .

Kudos to Pekka Ruuska of VTT Inc. (Pekka.Ruuska@vtt.fi), and M. Tim Jones
of MIT Space Research (mtj@space.mit.edu), whose bugreports made the
toolkit as useable as it now is. Further, Tim Jones kindly set up the U.S.
FTP mirror.

Thanks also to Ralph Goerig of Teleport Adlershof for hosting the GALS,
and to Gerd Truchinski of the crossgcc-list for pointing me to Ralph
in my search for an FTP home.

The initial announcement of this software is appended below, for those who
missed it.

  / Oliver M. Kellogg | Software Engineering | Dasa Space Systems \
| email: oliver.kellogg@rst13.dasa.dbmail.dbp.de | fax: (+49)89-60723732 |
  \ Dept. RST13, Deutsche Aerospace AG, P.O. Box 801169, D-81663 Munich /
      ------- "In the wings: GNU libc and GNAT for the MIL-STD-1750" -------

1750GALS.ANNOUNCE
-----------------

`1750GALS', the Mil-Std-1750 Gcc/Assembler/Linker/Simulator, is a free
software development and testing environment for the MIL-STD-1750A family
of processors.

It consists of following parts:

* GCC (v. 2.6 and above) cross compilation support files for MIL-STD-1750A
    (prerequisite: the gcc source distribution), producing assembly language
    output for the

* AS1750 macro assembler and linker, producing Tektronix Extended Hex load-
    files as input to the

* SIM1750 MIL-STD-1750A simulator (with simple ASCII command-line interface.)

I am now seeking beta-test users. Please help GNU make a dent in the
1750 world!

For more information, contact:

okellogg@salyko.cube.net