gcc versus cfront (AT&T)

jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen)
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 06:05:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
gcc versus cfront (AT&T) jho@imada.ou.dk (1994-11-09)
Re: gcc versus cfront (AT&T) jbuck@Synopsys.COM (1994-11-10)
Re: gcc versus cfront (AT&T) sastdr@unx.sas.com (1994-11-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 06:05:52 GMT

Hi all.

Just one (maybe not so simple to answer) question: What are the pros and
cons of gcc and cfront from AT&T?

The reason for my question is that I've had a lot of problems with gcc
(vsn. 2.5.8, the newest version 2.6.x doesn't seem to better) and I was
wondering if cfront would solve my problems. I use a lot of templates,
inheritance etc., and it seems that gcc fails when these things get just a
little bit complex.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated, I may have to persuade my
Sysop to invest in cfront :-).

Cheers, Jens.
--
Jens H. Ovesen Phone : +45 63 15 71 17
Department of Computer Science FAX : +45 65 93 23 09