Re: Simple C parsing

norman@flaubert.bellcore.com (Norman Ramsey)
Sun, 30 Oct 1994 20:18:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Simple C parsing slh100@tower.york.ac.uk (1994-10-27)
Re: Simple C parsing norman@flaubert.bellcore.com (1994-10-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: norman@flaubert.bellcore.com (Norman Ramsey)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 20:18:08 GMT

Shawn Hargreaves <slh100@tower.york.ac.uk> wrote:
>I am using an old K&R C compiler on an Atari ST...
> I am thinking about implementing a debugger...
>[that would] insert macros into the source code in between
>every line, and these macros would call the debugger directly rather than
>using interrupts and a symbol table.

Mukund Ragavachari at Princeton (mrm@cs.princeton.edu) has already
done something like this for the lcc ANSI C compiler. Because it's
implemented within the compiler, it doesn't require two source passes.
You might have more fun porting lcc to the Atari machine and using his
debugger than you would writing your own.

lcc is freely available from ftp.cs.princeton.edu. For more
information, see http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc.

Norman Ramsey