Need graph editing tools

dikang@cs.umd.edu (Dong-In Kang)
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 20:10:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need graph editing tools dikang@cs.umd.edu (1994-09-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dikang@cs.umd.edu (Dong-In Kang)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 20:10:51 GMT

  Hello.

  I need some help about graphic editor.

  I'm trying to make a simplified interactive graphic editor, which is to
be used to input Task graph. And the it is used as a front end X user
interface to the underlying research project.

  The functions needed are the subset of those functions supported by
the graphic editor plus HIERARCHICAL editing capability. What I mean
by HIERARCHICAL editing capability is to provide a mechanism that
supports the user to edit the graph hierarchically. User can define
an aggregated module which is actually a subgraph. The graphic editor
should support expansion of the aggregated module with its subgraph, and
it may redraw the whole graph to include the expanded module. Or vice versa,
it should support integration of some portion of the graph into an aggregated
module.

  Does anybody know or have the tool that support those functions described
above? I'm currently trying with Tk/Tcl. If the widget is available with
Tk/Tcl, it'll be VERY helpful.

  I'll appreciate your help.

  Thanks.

  dongin