Re: Karel the Robot??

pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis)
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 03:02:58 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Karel the Robot?? kate.hayes@Syntex.Com (1994-08-25)
Re: Karel the Robot?? pattis@cs.washington.edu (1994-09-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.programming,comp.compilers
From: pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 03:02:58 GMT

I sell individual simulators for $10 (15 day free trial period).

For schools I site-license DOS and Mac versions: For $175 you can make copies
for all the machines at your school (and instructors get take home copies).
For $300 you can make copies for faculty, staff, and students to take home.
These are one-time charges (NOT YEARLY). Both site licenses include solutions
to all the problems on a disk, with appropriate worlds (these will not be
included on the simulator sold with the book). There is a 45-day free trial
offer; use it with your students before deciding whether to purchase.

If you are interested, please contact me at

    Richard E. Pattis pattis@acm.com
    PO Box 95650
    Seattle, WA 98145-2650

There are other Karel simulators around - I've got dozens that have been sent
to me over the last 14 years: some were done as class projects, others were
done to sell commercially. You might also try looking around the net with
ARCHIE, etc.

    Richard E. Pattis