Re: Wanted: yacc and or lex for MODEL 204

cstump@levtech.com (Charles Stump)
Tue, 2 Aug 1994 18:31:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Wanted: yacc and or lex for MODEL 204 geoff@bart.mccabe.com (1994-08-01)
Re: Wanted: yacc and or lex for MODEL 204 cstump@levtech.com (1994-08-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: cstump@levtech.com (Charles Stump)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 18:31:03 GMT

As far as I know, M204 is MUCH more than just a DBMS. It is an interpreted
progarmming language with a large DBMS thrown in. It is used quite a bit
by the NAVY and some other government agencies.

I do not think you will find a yacc grammar for it. If you are planning to
create a parser for it, I am afraid you will find it VERY difficult unless
you place SEVERE restraints or limitations on it.

It is a huge language with some very hideous capabilities. I know. I was
involved with writing a parser for M204 for reverse engineering purposes a
few years ago. If you (or anyone else) is interested in this stuff send me
an email or give me a call.
---
= Charles W. Stump II = Leverage
= = Technologists Inc.