Compiler positions available for week ending July 17

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Sun, 17 Jul 1994 22:39:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending July 17 compilers@iecc.com (2001-07-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 17 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-07-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending July 17 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-07-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 1994 22:39:26 GMT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Rob Beaver <robb@microware.com>
Subject: Sr. C++ Compiler Eng./Microware Systems/Des Moines,IA

                                        C++ Compiler Engineering Opportunity

Microware Systems Corporation seeks qualified candidates for the position
of Senior Compiler Software Engineer in our Research and Development
organization located in Des Moines, Iowa. We are looking for a highly
motivated self starter who can join our small close knit group of engineers to
produce and maintain state-of-the-art compilation systems.

Responsibilities will include the design and implementation of a C++
compilation system.

Desired Qualifications:
    - Minimum of a BS in computer science or equivalent combination of
        education and experience.
    - Minimum of 2 years experience developing commercial compiler products
        or commensurate academic experience.
    - Experience developing C++ front-ends and other aspects of C++
        compilation systems.
    - Strong C and C++ language programming ability.
    - Experience with software engineering life cycle processes.

Any additional specialties and interests in the following will be helpful to
the successful applicant:
    - Extensive knowledge in all areas of compilation systems.
    - ISO-9000 or IEEE std 1074.

Microware Systems Corporation is a leading international supplier of
real-time operating systems and development tools. We are also a major
player in the emerging "information super-highway". Our software is used in
a wide variety of products that affect the way the world lives, works and
plays. We offer a stimulating, challenging, yet casual environment. Our
focus is on an individual's creativity and innovation, not on dress code. We
offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.

If you are a computer professional looking for an unusual challenge in a
city with a high quality of life and a low cost of living, send your resume
with salary history in writing (no e-mail applications accepted) to:

Human Resources Administrator
Microware Systems Corporation
1900 NW 114th St
Des Moines, IA 50325-7077

Microware Systems Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer.

-------------------------------

From: morris_p@apollo.hp.com
Subject: Position Available - HP Optimization

Hewlett Packard Co.
Chelmsford, MA

Job Posting: Software Design Engineer, Compiler Optimization

Essential Functions (Major Responsibilities):

We are looking for an independent worker to contribute as part of an 8
person project team to new development in the area of compiler
optimizations for new and existing architectures. Candidate should
have good teamwork and communication skills; as well as the ability to
critically review the work of others and to benefit from the review of
peers. Candidate should be able to design software modules with
minimal direction and/or be able to implement proficiently a design
created by other engineers. An appreciation of good object oriented
programming techniques, balanced with an eye for efficient code would
be an asset. Experience in data dependence analysis or loop
transformations would be a significant plus.

Musts:

MSCS
UNIX, C++ programming skills
Compiler course work

Desired:

PhD
Research in the compiler optimization area
3-10 years relevant work experience

Contact info:
Peter Morris
Hewlett Packard Co.