Re: WWW page for our book about Parsing Techniques

dick@cs.vu.nl (Dick Grune)
Sat, 18 Jun 1994 20:30:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
WWW page for our book about Parsing Techniques dick@cs.vu.nl (1994-06-14)
Re: WWW page for our book about Parsing Techniques adrian@platon.cs.rhbnc.ac.uk (1994-06-17)
Re: WWW page for our book about Parsing Techniques dick@cs.vu.nl (1994-06-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.misc,misc.books.technical,sci.lang
From: dick@cs.vu.nl (Dick Grune)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 1994 20:30:18 GMT

Dick Grune (dick@cs.vu.nl) wrote:
: ... our book "Parsing Techniques - A Practical Guide".

adrian@platon.cs.rhbnc.ac.uk (A Johnstone) wrote:
> Ellis Horwood ... told me that it is out of print.

This is ridiculous; 2000 copies were printed (says the contract) and
according to my admittedly back-of-the-envelope calculations they have just
sold more than half of that.

> And how come EH didn't tell the poor authors that it was out of
> stock? Sometimes I feel that publishers do not treat their workers too well.

Worse, less than a month ago we received our yearly royalties as usual, for
1993, without any notice of any kind.

We'll certainly look into this; I don't have the papers here and won't be
near them until next Thursday, though.
Dick Grune

Dick Grune | email: dick@cs.vu.nl
Vrije Universiteit | ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/dick
de Boelelaan 1081 | http://www.cs.vu.nl/~dick
1081 HV Amsterdam, the Netherlands | tel: +31 20 548 5778
[I can report from experience that publishers can be unbelievably confused
and disorganized. Haven't dealt with EH, but academic publishers tend to be
among the worst. -John]