PowerPC Tools

murrell@austin.ibm.com (Dave Murrell)
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 23:00:53 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PowerPC Tools murrell@austin.ibm.com (1994-06-01)
PowerPC Tools murrell@austin.ibm.com (1994-06-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: murrell@austin.ibm.com (Dave Murrell)
Originator: murrell@roma01.austin.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 23:00:53 GMT

In the first week of June, I posted an inquiry to gather feedback about a
PowerPC OS, Compiler, etc. development toolset.

I'd like to offer my thanks to all of you who took time to respond to
this. I've since received a veritable deluge of mail, which I am busy
trying to process and answer. My apologies for not having responded
sooner, please have patience.

Here are a few items of general interest in the mean time:

1. We've presented a summary of your feedback to IBM corporate-level
      management. Your responses have made a strong impression and we've
      been given approval to put the machinery in place to work at
      satisfying your requirements and suggestions.

2. I feel that a newsgroup is warranted to allow you a formal channel
      to continue to guide us as we move in development of the tools, and
      for us to keep you abreast of the directions, availability, etc.
      Look for this group soon, I'll let you know when it's in place.

3. Many of you asked about obtaining some of the tools which are
      currently available. You can obtain a current catalog of
      tools by calling 1-800-POWERPC (1-800-769-3772).

      For those of you interested in a copy of the PowerPC Visual
      Simulator (PVS) and Cycle Timer, you can contact IBM Rochester's
      telemarketing services at 1-800-365-4426 (extension 330). They'll
      provide product information and demo diskettes, etc.

Thanks again and stay tuned!

Dave Murrell
PowerPC Development Tools
PowerPC Applications Engineering