|Evaluation software needed psanchez@ECNET.ec (1994-06-15)|
|Organization:||Banco del Pacifico - Quito - Ecuador|
|Date:||Wed, 15 Jun 1994 19:15:43 GMT|
I need to evaluate some packges/languages that allow me create an
applications with the following specifications:
- the application must be oriented for Windows 3.1 and run in PC's (486,..)
- the pc's will be in network (ethernet, token ring, or any other)
- the server will be a unix with oracle or sybase database
- the language has to be easy and quick to develop, oriented to objects
- allow to display images with high resolution (like photographs) in
- this app. has to exchange data with server database (i.e. SQL *NET client
for Oracle will be in pc's)
- Connected to PC, will be different devices to capture images (i.e. photo,
signs, etc). This devices will save files with these images in the PC and
send some data to app. Then, I need that the app. can receive information
from developed programs in other languages
- the language has to manage some image formats, specially JPEG, if is
- Some PC's will use communication programs (dial-modems), this programs
could be developed in the same language or in other (i.e. C or C++).
I am thinking in Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, ObjectView, etc, but I don't
know what is the better for this case. I need several parameters with the
to whom I be able to evaluate each product. In addition, characteristics
of each one if is possible.
Any suggestions or information I would appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.