Scanner/Parser Generator Refs sought (Charles Fischer)
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 19:34:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Scanner/Parser Generator Refs sought (1994-06-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Charles Fischer)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 19:34:39 GMT

I'm currently revising "Crafting a Compiler with C."
In the scanning and parsing chapters I want to include
references to MAJOR scanner and parser generators in
addition to the widely-known ones (Lex,Flex,Yacc,Bison).
Generators for languages other than C (like Ada, ML, Scheme, etc),
and systems other than Unix (especially MacOS and DOS/Windows)
are also of interest.

If you'd like to suggest your favorite generator, please EMAIL
me at Mention the name of the tool, why
you think it ought to be mentioned in a text book, and a good
reference for it.

Thanks in advance.
Charles Fischer