Papers on symtab that supports function and name overloading ?

dstaikos@theseas.ntua.gr (Dimitris Staikos)
Sat, 14 May 1994 13:47:14 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Papers on symtab that supports function and name overloading ? dstaikos@theseas.ntua.gr (1994-05-14)
Re: Papers on symtab that supports function and name overloading ? gary@Intrepid.COM (1994-05-16)
Re: Papers on symtab that supports function and name overloading ? brett@peon.enet.dec.com (1994-05-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dstaikos@theseas.ntua.gr (Dimitris Staikos)
Date: Sat, 14 May 1994 13:47:14 GMT

Together with a colleague I have designed and implemented a symbol table
for a language that supports function overloading, and name overloading
(many variables with the same name but in different scopes). These features
work more or less like in C++.

We think the whole design and implementation is not bad, certainly not
trivial and rather innovative, and we would to find more on the subject.

So are there any papers available on how a symbol table is implemented for
a C++ compiler, or generally for a compiler that supports these features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks in advance.

Dimitris Staikos National Technical Univ. of Athens (NTUA)
E-mail : dstaikos@theseas.ntua.gr