Definining and using typed graphs (Jan Rekers)
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 12:15:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Definining and using typed graphs (1994-04-25)
Re: Definining and using typed graphs (1994-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.databases,comp.lang.visual
From: (Jan Rekers)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 12:15:49 GMT

Dear all,

We are starting a number of projects which all use graphs as
underlying data structure. We need a software package to manage these
for us. We are looking for something with the following properties:

- typed nodes

- typed, labeled, directed, binary edges

- node attributes containing ordinary data values

- node typing should allow for sub-typing

- possibility to define and use a graph typing within a single session

- possibility to save a graph (and its typing) to file, and load it
    from file

- implemented in C or C++, callable from C++

We are thus looking for the structuring and navigation primitives of
an object-oriented database, but which is less concerned with file
stores and processing of huge amounts of data.

Would you know of a public domain (or not too expensive) package which
runs under Unix and offers (some of) the above properties?

Kind regards,
Jan Rekers
J. Rekers, Department of Computer Science, Leiden University
P.O. box 9512, 2300 RA Leiden, the Netherlands
email:, Phone: +31 71 277093, Fax: +31 71 276985