|Compiler positions available for week ending April 17 email@example.com (comp.compilers) (2005-04-17)|
|Compiler positions available for week ending April 17 firstname.lastname@example.org (1994-04-17)|
|Date:||Sun, 17 Apr 1994 12:00:00 GMT|
This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to email@example.com.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 16:52:55 EDT
Subject: Compiler Position Available at Tartan
Tartan, Inc. has an immediate opening for a software engineer to
participate in the design and maintenance of compiler optimizations and
code generation. This is an ideal position for an individual who recently
received an MS in Computer Science and whose primary focus was in the area
of optimizations. The job responsibilities and requirements are as
- Enhance and maintain existing optimization technology for both Ada and C++
- Participate in development of new optimizations. This includes design,
implementation, debugging, testing and documenting.
- Interact with customers in a support role.
- Knowledge of compiler design techniques, especially in the areas of
optimizations and code generation.
- Ability to understand various computer architectures.
- Ability to perform software maintenance. This includes debugging,
implementing and testing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Ada.
- Experience with Unix operating system.
- 2 plus years experience developing and implementing optimizations that
were fielded in a production quality compiler.
- Extensive knowledge of RISC architectures and/or Digital Signal Processors.
- Practical experience programming in Ada.
- MS in Computer Science.
Tartan is a supplier of highly optimizing compilers and tools for
embedded, real-time applications. Tartan is located near
Please send resumes to :
Attn: Michelle Seibert
300 Oxford Dr.
Monroeville, PA 15146
Subject: Sr. Compiler position (FT) @ Microware Systems, Des Moines, IA
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 12:29:59 -0500
Compiler Engineering Opportunity
Microware Systems Corporation seeks qualified candidates for the position
of Senior Compiler Software Engineer in our Research and Development
organization located in Des Moines, Iowa. We are looking for a highly
motivated self starter who can join our small close knit group of
engineers to produce and maintain state-of-the-art compilation systems.
Responsibilities will include the design and implementation of major
features and performance improvments in our existing compilation system as
well as retargeting to new hardware architectures.
- Minimum of a BS in computer science or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing commercial compiler products
or commensurate academic experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of compilation systems.
- Strong C language programming ability.
- Experience with C++ and assembler (680x0, x86, PowerPC, RISC, DSP)
- Experience with software engineering life cycle processes.
Any additional specialties and interests in the following will be helpful to
the successful applicant:
- C++ compilation systems.
- Interprocedural optimization.
- Debugging optimized code.
- Code generator generators.
- Optimizing for superscalar, VLIW, or parallel architectures.
- Diverse knowlege of object file formats. (ELF, COFF, XCOFF, OMF, PE)
- ISO-9000 or IEEE std 1074.
Microware Systems Corporation is a leading international supplier of
real-time operating systems and development tools. We are also a major
player in the emerging "information super-highway". Our software is used
in a wide variety of products that affect the way the world lives, works
and plays. We offer a stimulating, challenging, yet casual environment.
Our focus is on an individual's creativity and innovation, not on dress
code. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are a computer professional looking for an unusual challenge in a
city with a high quality of life and a low cost of living, send your
resume with salary history in writing (no e-mail applications accepted) to:
Human Resources Administrator
Microware Systems Corporation
1900 NW 114th St
Des Moines, IA 50325-7077
Microware Systems Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.