Re: 6800 Development tools

root@molly.dny.rockwell.com (S. Robenalt - Root)
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 19:25:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: 6800 Development tools root@molly.dny.rockwell.com (1994-04-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: root@molly.dny.rockwell.com (S. Robenalt - Root)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 19:25:22 GMT

Jack Eifrig posted a question regarding 6800 assemblers:

This month's free compilers list added a small change to the gcc entry
which was probably unnoticed by most people, but contains info about a
6811 port of gcc. The info which I received was posted to comp.robotics
and also included a reference to the AS6811 assembler developed by Alan R.
Baldwin at Kent State University. While I realize that the 6811 is not
quite the same as the 6800, it's at least a starting point. Also, when I
was working with the 6811, I remember that Motorola made an assembler
publically available for the chip. Perhaps someone at Motorola has an old
6800 assembler around?

I would like to actively solicit any references on assemblers or compilers
for any embedded controllers to be included in the free compilers list. If
you use or know of any, please send me e-mail at
free-compilers@idiom.berkeley.ca.us or post to comp.compilers. To be
included in the list, it must be freely available with source code.

The 6811 port of gcc can be found at /pub/coactive/gcc-6811-beta.tar.gz
from netcom.com in the form of diffs from gcc-2.5.8, which can be obtained
from prep.ai.mit.edu in /pub/gnu (I think!).

Hope this helps!

- Steve Robenalt