Re: subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone?

thutt@clark.net (Taylor Hutt)
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 11:38:31 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone? gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu (1994-04-05)
Re: subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone? thutt@clark.net (1994-04-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: thutt@clark.net (Taylor Hutt)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 1994 11:38:31 GMT

Gary Gex <gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu> wrote:
>Regarding the code in Ronald Mak's book "Writing Compilers &
>Interpreters." ...
>
>I am seeking information to ease the translation of the code from the
>non-compiling mass of bytes it is to ANSI C (acceptable by gcc 2.5.8 or
>so, under various UNIX variants), so I can use it in a project.

My piece of help is to tell you that it is NOT worthwhile to get the Mak
code to compile -- the output of the Mak Compiler has no hope of working
without major changes. Trace thru a few statements and you will see that
the generated assembly is just plain wrong in many cases.

Get your money back for the disk, if you can. :-)

Taylor Hutt