subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone?

gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu (Gary Gex)
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 00:24:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone? gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu (1994-04-05)
Re: subject: Working Ronald Mak code, anyone? thutt@clark.net (1994-04-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu (Gary Gex)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 1994 00:24:59 GMT

Good day.

Regarding the code in Ronald Mak's book "Writing Compilers &
Interpreters." The comp.compilers FAQ lists the book as less than
desirable in some respects, but it seems to have promise. I understand
that the code is available by mail order: I already have it.

I am seeking information to ease the translation of the code from the
non-compiling mass of bytes it is to ANSI C (acceptable by gcc 2.5.8 or
so, under various UNIX variants), so I can use it in a project. Has
anyone worked with it yet? I tried to run it through protoize, but with
little success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

gexg@romeo.ecs.csus.edu