suggestions for textbooks for a RISC assembly language

David Whalley <whalley@fork.cs.fsu.edu>
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 21:05:51 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
suggestions for textbooks for a RISC assembly language whalley@fork.cs.fsu.edu (David Whalley) (1994-04-04)
suggestions for textbooks for a RISC assembly language ssimmons@convex.com (1994-04-05)
Re: suggestions for textbooks for a RISC assembly language neitzel@ips.cs.tu-bs.de (1994-04-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.books.technical
From: David Whalley <whalley@fork.cs.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 1994 21:05:51 GMT

I am scheduled to teach Assembly Language Programming in the Fall. For
several years this course has used an 80x86 assembly language. I would
like to move the students to a RISC-based assembly language since it will
be likely that they will never see 80x86 assembly again in a few years.
The only text book that I have found is "SPARC Architecture, Assembly
Language Programming, & C", by Richard Paul. While I could use this text,
I would prefer to look at some others. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Please send e-mail directly to:

        whalley@cs.fsu.edu

Thanks,
Dave Whalley