Re: Convert PL/I to C?

mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de (Marc Wachowitz)
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 09:50:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Convert PL/I to C? gkiewicz@eccdb1.pms.ford.com (1994-03-23)
Re: Convert PL/I to C? mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de (1994-03-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de (Marc Wachowitz)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 09:50:17 GMT

George A. Kiewicz (gkiewicz@eccdb1.pms.ford.com) wrote:
> I'm in the process of using some ancient PL1 code and I'd rather be
> working in C on our UNIX box. Is there a converter in existance? Awk or
> Perl scripts, commercial, PD, NagWare? I'll take what I can get.

Micro-Processor Services, Inc. used to sell PL/I to C translators
running under MSDOS. You may contact them at 92 Stone Hurst Lane,
Dix Hills, New York 11746 USA; Tel. (516) 499-4461; Fax ...-4727.
This info is from September 1992, and might no more be valid.

[We got their demo disk and couldn't use it for our requirements;
  e.g. fixed length strings got a 0-byte appended (as usual in C),
  which wasn't tolerable due to data structure mapping.]
--
Marc Wachowitz <mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de>