Looking for State Machine languages

peterd@merlin.dev.cdx.mot.com (Peter Desnoyers)
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 21:41:59 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for State Machine languages peterd@merlin.dev.cdx.mot.com (1994-03-22)
Summary - looking for state machine languages peterd@merlin.dev.cdx.mot.com (1994-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.misc,comp.protocols.misc,comp.compilers
From: peterd@merlin.dev.cdx.mot.com (Peter Desnoyers)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 21:41:59 GMT

I'm trying to put together a survey of state machine languages that could
be used for real-time and communications systems development. I'm also
interested in finding out the tools out there that use or compile them,
although that's a secondary issue at this point.

So far my list is pretty limited:

        Lex (no kidding... it's used by kermit, as a subset called 'wart')
        SDL
        Estelle

I'm sure there are some other state machine implementation languages out
there. I know there used to be one at BBN, for instance, in the PSN group,
but I completely forget what it was.

Please respond via email (or at least send a copy of your posting via
email), and I'll summarize to the net.

thanks,

Peter Desnoyers