parsers for ambiguous grammars? (Rene Dekker)
Wed, 16 Feb 1994 12:39:56 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parsers for ambiguous grammars? (1994-02-16)
Parser for ambiguous grammars: GLR(k). (1994-02-17)
GLR(k) parsing using Quantum Grammars (1994-02-18)
Re: parsers for ambiguous grammars? (1994-02-18)
Re: parsers for ambiguous grammars? (1994-02-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Rene Dekker)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 12:39:56 GMT

I am looking for parsing techniques that can handle a highly ambiguous
grammar and are able to generate partial parses. I am aware that
chart-parsers can do such a thing, but I am looking for other techniques
also. (Chart-parsers maintain a database of complete and incomplete
parses. They produce new parses by combining these parses with each other
and with the rules of the grammar.)

I am particularly interested in parsers that aply these techniques to
graphs. Any pointer to literature or ideas on this matter are welcome.

Many thanks,
Rene Dekker Delft University of Technology