Re: C++ parser generators, PCCTS

"Terence Parr" <>
Sat, 5 Feb 1994 19:49:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ and parser generators (Jan Peter de Ruiter) (1994-02-04)
Re: C++ parser generators, PCCTS (Terence Parr) (1994-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: "Terence Parr" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 19:49:23 GMT

Jan Peter de Ruiter writes:

> Now I have an advice and a question. The advice (for people wanting to
> build compilers in C++) is to have a look at the PCCTS system. [...]
> If you're interested, get the
> archive by ftp from
If I may, I'd like to give a more current (main) ftp site: in pub/pccts. Latest version is 1.10, which
generates parsers that compile under C++ with (optionally) class
attributes. However, the next version (1.20) will actively support
C++; i.e., parsers are a subclass of class ANTLRParser etc... ANTLR,
the parser generator of PCCTS, is generating pretty decent, flexible
C++ output now, but has to be tested more and I have to write the
release notes. "Coming soon to a theatre near you!"

Terence Parr
"The ANTLR guy"
U of MN