Book reference for Waite and Carter? (Inbal Cohen-Hamo)
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 08:00:50 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Book reference for Waite and Carter? (1994-01-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Inbal Cohen-Hamo)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 08:00:50 GMT

some time ago someone refered to the following book:

William M. Waite and Lynn Robert Carter, "An Introduction to Compiler

Has anyone read it (beside the author who recommeded it)? Is it good as an
a practical introduction to compilers?

The reason I ask it because I recentely goined the compiler development
group with almost no prior knoledge of compiler (I missed the compilation
course the university). I started on the dragon book, but its a bit too
heavy and theoretical for me, so I'm looking for something easier to start
with. Any reference is welcome.

BTW, we are working on a GNU based compiler now. If there is any reference
that explain the internals of gcc, it is welcome (beside gcc doc, which
doesn't explain on the things I need).

Inbal Cohen-Hamo NSTA
Mail :
phone : 972-9-594309 fax : 972-9-558322
[If someone sends in a capsule review, I'll add it to the list of compilers
books in the FAQ. -John]