|Bigloo1.5 email@example.com (1993-12-21)|
|From:||firstname.lastname@example.org (Manuel Serrano)|
|Organization:||INRIA * Rocquencourt BP 105 * F-78153 LE CHESNAY CEDEX* France|
|Date:||Tue, 21 Dec 1993 17:50:03 GMT|
The new release (1.5) of Bigloo, a Scheme compiler and interpreter, is now
available by ftp at the address
This new release was successfully compiled on:
- SPARC (1, 2, 10)
- SONY-NEWS (mips r3000)
- IRIS indigo (mips r3000)
- SUN 3/60
- DEC Station 3100 (mips r3000)
- HP-PA (730)
- PC-linux (i486)
The major changes from the release 1.4 are:
- The optimization modes (-O2 and -O3) are much more aggressive. They
use new high technology techniques such as Control Flow Analysis.
- The pattern matching language is extended to all the Bigloo
constructors (ie. pairs, vectors and structures). The pattern
matching language is now as large as ML's one. The distribution
contains examples of the pattern matching language.
- The foreign interface is extended, it is now possible to
allocate, use and write almost any C data structure from Bigloo.
This is achieved by allowing type declaration of C structures, C
unions or C arrays in the foreign interface. The distribution
contains examples, of the new foreign interface.
- The error messages of the interpreter are now much more `human'
- Symbols now have plists !
Manuel SERRANO (equipe ICSLA, Bat 8)
INRIA-Rocquencourt, BP 105, 78153
Le Chesnay CEDEX, FRANCE
tel: (work) 39-63-57-32
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.