|flex release 2.4.5 now available email@example.com (Vern Paxson) (1993-12-11)|
|From:||Vern Paxson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Keywords:||flex, lex, available, FTP|
|Date:||Sat, 11 Dec 1993 19:52:48 GMT|
Release 2.4.5 of flex (a replacement for the Unix lex tool) is now
available for anonymous ftp to ftp.ee.lbl.gov; retrieve flex-2.4.5.tar.Z
or flex-2.4.5.tar.gz, or, if you've already installed release 2.4.4,
flex-2.4.4-2.4.5.diff.Z. ".gz" versions of these files should be showing
up shortly at the usual GNU mirror sites.
I've appended a description of the main differences between 2.4.5 and 2.4.4,
taken from the "NEWS" file.
Please report bugs to:
Vern Paxson email@example.com
Information and Computing Sciences ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (510) 486-7504
Changes between release 2.4.5 (11Dec93) and release 2.4.4:
- Fixed bug breaking C++ scanners that use REJECT or variable
- Fixed serious input problem for interactive scanners on
systems for which char is unsigned.
- Fixed bug in incorrectly treating '$' operator as variable
- Fixed bug in -CF table representation that could lead to
- Fixed fairly benign memory leak.
- Added `extern "C++"' wrapper to FlexLexer.h header. This
should overcome the g++ 2.5.X problems mentioned in the
NEWS for release 2.4.3.
- Changed #include of FlexLexer.h to use <> instead of "".
- Added feature to control whether the scanner attempts to
refill the input buffer once it's exhausted. This feature
will be documented in the 2.5 release.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.