|flex release 2.4.4 now available firstname.lastname@example.org (Vern Paxson) (1993-12-08)|
|From:||Vern Paxson <email@example.com>|
|Keywords:||flex, available, FTP|
|Date:||Wed, 8 Dec 1993 01:07:29 GMT|
Release 2.4.4 of flex is now available for anonymous ftp to
ftp.ee.lbl.gov; retrieve flex-2.4.4.tar.Z or flex-2.4.4.tar.gz, or, if
you've already installed release 2.4.3, flex-2.4.4-2.4.3.diffs.Z. ".gz"
versions of these files should be showing up shortly at the usual GNU
I've appended a description of the main differences between 2.4.4 and
2.4.3, taken from the "NEWS" file.
Please report bugs to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Vern Paxson firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Computing Sciences ucbvax!ee.lbl.gov!vern
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (510) 486-7504
Changes between release 2.4.4 (07Dec93) and release 2.4.3:
- Fixed two serious bugs in scanning 8-bit characters.
- Fixed bug in YY_USER_ACTION that caused it to be executed
inappropriately (on the scanner's on internal actions, and
with incorrect yytext/yyleng values).
- Fixed bug in pointing yyin at a new file and resuming scanning.
- Portability fix regarding min/max/abs macros conflicting with
function definitions in standard header files.
- Added a virtual LexerError() method to the C++ yyFlexLexer class
for reporting error messages instead of always using cerr.
- Added warning in flexdoc that the C++ scanning class is presently
experimental and subject to considerable change between major
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.